Learn the advanced technique of conditional data merge in Affinity Publisher.
Discover how to enhance your design workflow by integrating externalized design elements and leveraging the power of your data source for dynamic formatting.
⏰ TIMINGS 👇
- What is Conditional Formatting?
- Where to Place the Condition
- Understanding the Formula
- Why use Affinity Designer files?
- Data Merge setup
- Working with Images in Data Merge
- Previewing the Data Merge
- Generating the Data Merge
- Using Alternative Images
What You’ll Learn
- Introduction to Conditional Data Merge: Go beyond basic data merge capabilities and learn how to format your content based on its value.
- Crafting Planner Pages with Dynamic Design: See a practical example of using conditional data merge to differentiate weekend pages from weekdays.
- Efficient Data Management: Understand how to include file paths in your data source and automatically adjust design elements.
- Step-by-Step Formula Guide: Dive deep into the formulas that make conditional data merge work and learn how to apply them effectively.
- Affinity Designer Integration: Explore the benefits of using Affinity Designer files over other formats for easy editing and multiple design versions.
- Hands-On Affinity Publisher Workflow: Follow along as I set up a planner page and connect it with the data source for a seamless design process.
- Practical Demonstration: Witness the transformation of a simple planner into a dynamic, colour-coded organizational tool.
- Customizable Designs: Tailor your projects for specific days, months, or events with ease.
- Time-Saving Techniques: Reduce manual work by automating design elements with data merge.
- Versatility: Apply these methods to various projects like tickets, catalog items, and more.