Snapshots inside Affinity Publisher? Absolutely!
While Affinity Publisher doesn’t natively support making snapshots there is a way to do it 🤯
The Snapshot functionality in Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo is currently missing from Affinity Publisher. Which doesn’t mean you can’t create Snapshots in your Affinity Publisher files … because you really can!
Seriously, this isn’t a “dirty hack” it’s a lateral extension of the fact that all 3 Affinity applications use a common file format. So Affinity Publisher files do actually support Snapshots BUT there is no interface within Affinity Publisher to create, manage or restore Snapshots. However, as long as you have access to Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo there is a simple solution: StudioLink.
Looking for something specific? Check out the direct links to individual parts of the video:
- 00:00 – Welcome
- 00:13 – What are Snapshots?
- 00:52 – Demonstration of using Snapshots inside Affinity Designer
- 01:38 – Affinity Publisher interface
- 01:57 – Affinity file formats
- 02:20 – StudioLink
- 02:57 – Adding a Snapshot to an Affinity Publisher file
- 04:54 – Restoring saved Snapshots
- 05:42 – Creating new files from saved Snapshots
- 07:04 – Deleting saved Snapshots