Getting Things Done by David Allen is the most lauded book in the personal and professional productivity space.
Getting Things Done (GTD) has been a best seller for over 20 years. How is that possible? David Allen created a system that you can use anywhere. It’s a universally applicable system that works anywhere you need clarity and organization
In this video I discuss the core GTD system with a live audience and share some tweaks I’ve made to the original system to make it work better for me.
This session was a precursor to a multipart series dedicated to deep diving DEVONthink those videos are linked below:
- Going Paperless – This session addressed using DEVONthink for that workflow
- DEVONthink Series Introduction – The DEVONthink series was run over 10 weeks and this first session gave an overview of what’s planned for the entire series
- DEVONthink Part 0: Why DEVONthink? – An extra introduction to the entire DEVONthink series added in response to the question: When should I use Notion and when should I use DEVONthink?
- DEVONthink Part 1: Configuration and Capture – The eagerly anticipated and much requested series on DEVONthink got underway proper with details of the versions of DEVONthink available, instructions for creating your first DEVONthink database and copious ways of capturing your content straight to DEVONthink quickly and efficiently
- DEVONthink Part 2: Organization and Creating Structure – The second part in the DEVONthink series covered importing v indexing and numerous ways to organize your data once it’s inside DEVONthink
- DEVONthink Part 3: Effectively Retrieving Stored Information – The third part in the DEVONthink series covered myriad ways to effectively access and use the data you have stored in your DEVONthink databases
- DEVONthink Part 4: Maintenance and System Management – This part of the DEVONthink series focused on ensuring the integrity of your data with several maintenance techniques and I included a range of tips on using scripts and shortcuts too
- DEVONthink Part 5: Going Mobile with DEVONthink To Go and Cloud Services – The final part of the series demonstrated how to connect DEVONthink to a range of Cloud based services for backup and to synchronize with DEVONthink To Go
- DEVONthink: Build With Me: Asset Management – The first Build With Me session demonstrated how to create a flexible Asset Management System from the bottom up including the best workflows to deploy the system
- Introduction to Getting Things Done – As a foundation to the second DEVONthink Build With Me session this was an introduction to the Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology from David Allen
- DEVONthink: Build With Me: GTD System – The second Build With Me session demonstrated how to create a Getting Things Done system inside DEVONthink
- DEVONthink: Build With Me: Course Creation – The third DEVONthink Build With Me covered using DEVONthink to create a Course Creation system
- DEVONthink Custom Templates – DEVONthink templates come in different varieties and this session included demonstrations of editing existing templates and creating completely new custom templates
- DEVONthink Tips and Tricks And Q & A – A few tips and tricks in addition to all the content in dedicated sessions
- Backing Up Mail in DEVONthink – DEVONthink can easily backup your email using only Apple Mail and a simple workflow
- Configuring DEVONthink to Sync via pCloud – In DEVONthink Part 4: Maintenance and System Management we covered using several Cloud services for creating a synchronization pipeline between DEVONthink installations but this session adds a synchronization system for pCloud
- Project No. 13 Asset Management with DEVONthink – A case study of using DEVONthink for Asset Management in a “real” work in progress project